How do I download and extract the zip files?
- Windows PC & Mac: Just click on the download you want, download will start in a second.
- Choose the destination on your hard-drive > Click "Save"
- Open the .zip file > Extract the content to your desired destination
No software to open zip files?
Problems downloading / extracting zip files?
A common problem (empty zip files, etc.) is the local firewall (hardware / software). Check the settings and allow zip files being downloadable!
Also check your browser settings (security) if you still have problems.
I cannot see the "submit" button after i enter my login credentials!
Please keep in mind that we have developed this website for modern browsers. We have tested the site for IE7 (not IE6!) but sometimes it can happen that this browser does not behave as expected. If you experience this issue update your browser (at least IE 8) because of security, rendering and performance issues.
I get the message "Authorization Required" if I try to log in!
Please keep in mind that username and password are caSe sEnsiTivE!
Please note that:
user: "joHn" - password: "DoE"
is NOT the same as:
user: "john" - password: "doe"
Please type in the codes exactly as they were sent to you by e-mail upon your sign-up.
Disable anonymizing software
... and do not use anonymizing URLs. Disable programs such as: Norton Internet Security or Atguard Privacy Software or Safeweb. They might be considered hostile by the server's security.
I sometimes get "You are blocked temporarily" when I try to log-in.
Our server security system monitors hacker attempts and account abuse and might block you in the following cases:
- You have tried to log-in unsuccessfully many times within a short time frame. Please remember that user and password are CaSe senSiTivE!
- Your username has been used from various IP addresses within a short time frame. Do not share your account with other people! Your login is for your use only. Shared accounts will be automatically blocked. Please read the Terms.
- You have downloaded huge parts of the site with a download manager. This is also called "site leeching". Please don't do that. Other members' download speed might be negatively affected. "Leeching" will be blocked.
For all Subscriptions via CCBill
This is for the majority of all subscribers!
Retrieve lost password or
cancel recurring subscription:
This is for the majority of all subscribers!
If you have any troubles viewing the site you should keep in mind to try another browser. The site has been developed to work with at least Internet Explorer 7. We would recommend you a modern browser, f.e. Mozilla FireFox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer 8 or higher.
Why don't I see the latest updates? (Proxy Servers)
The problem with proxy servers is that they store content to speed up download speed. This can be a be a problem on frequently updated sites like FEMJOY. You should surf without proxy servers because you might not get the latest updates otherwise.
To disable on Windows PC's:
click [Start] => [Control Panel] => [Connections] => [LAN settings] => [disable any checked feature] => [restart the computer]
Do not use spiders to dump the complete site. (no "leeching"!)
Automatic downloading the complete site or large parts of it reduces the server speed and negatively affects users' ability to surf the site.
Our server security system will block you if spidering is detected.
Can't Play Videos on iOS?
- You can stream videos on your Apple device. Simply hit the play button on the video.
- If you get a play button with a line across it, you might have private browsing turned on by accident. Go to your Apple device settings -> Safari -> Private browsing, and make sure it is OFF.
- Go back to joymii.com in Safari, refresh the page, and the play button will no longer have the line across, indicating the video is available to watch.
Download video and synchronize it with your iPod and iPhone?
- First you have to download the complete video to your harddrive.
- Start iTunes. If you have an outdated version of iTunes installed or one without video support, upgrade to a newer one, we recommend the current version (iTunes 11.x) Download is available here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- After that, you should see 6 items at the 'Media-Library', Music, Movies, TV, Podcasts.... and so on. If you let iTunes manage the videos on your iPod you only have to 'drag and drop' the downloaded video-file into the Movies-Section of your Media-Library.
- Click on that section afterwards, to proof if the video is there. Now press 'Synchronize' and the video will be transferred onto your iPod. If you manage the iPod-videos on your own, you have different possibilities to get the video-file working.
- The easiest way is to 'drag and drop' the downloaded video into the Movies-area in your 'Devices'-section (Your iPod has to be already connected to your PC/Mac for this). Just to let you know, not all iPod's have the possibility for a video-playback with the default-firmware.
- iTunes let you update this firmware very easy at the 'Devices'-section. Some iPod's are also not designed for video-playback (although they maybe have enough resolution and colors).
How do I watch the videos?
You need a movie viewer on your computer. You can choose between:
- Windows Media Player ( download here)
- Quicktime (download here)
- Choose the desired file format
- Windows PC: [right-click the link] => [choose "Save File As"]
Mac: [click while holding down the control button] => [coose "Download Link to Disk"]
- [choose the destination on your hard-drive] => [click "Save"]
- [open the video file with the appropriate movie player]
Why don't you offer other compression formats?
Windows Media and Quicktime provide the best quality for the smallest file sizes.
Why do file size and quality vary?
We are a multi photographer site with the greatest variation in models, styles and atmosphere. However, not every photographer has the same video gear. Compression and the resulting file size of videos are very much depending on the original material sent to us. So it can happen that a longer film is smaller in file size and of better quality than a shorter one.